What’s happening today!
26 October, 2021, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
- Cloudy periods with afternoon or evening showers and possible thunderstorms over easter and interior parts of the larger islands (Viti Levu and Vanua Levu), Kadavu and Lomaiviti group
- Elsewhere, fine apart from isolated afternoon or evening showers and possible thunderstorms elsewhere
- Outlook for Wednesday: Cloudy periods with some showers over the eastern parts of the larger islands (Viti Levu and Vanua Levu); fine apart from possible afternoon or evening showers elsewhere.
COVID-19 daily press briefing
- The Permanent Secretary of Health and Medical Services is now issuing an updated statement three days in a week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday. This can be accessed via the Fijian Government FB page.
- Monitor radio announcements and check the Government’s Facebook page to get the updated schedule of the mobile vaccination teams in your communities.
Lautoka Mixed Martial Arts Training
- Girmit Cultural Centre – 5pm-7pm
Nausori Hapkido Training
- Nausori Catholic Parish Hall – 6pm-7pm
EFL Planned Power Shutdown
- Part of Sawani-Serea Rd – 8am-6pm
- Suva City – 5pm-11pm
- Nadarivatu Rd, Tavua – 9am-4.30pm
- Malake Island, Rakiraki – 8am-4.30pm
- Legalega, Nadi – 8.30am-5pm
- Johnson Rd, Lautoa – 8am-5pm
- Omkar Rd, Narere – 8am-5pm
- Sigatoka – 8am-4.30pm
- Sigatoka – 12.30pm-4.30pm
Here are some movies and TV series suggestions on Netflix that you can binge on at home this weekend.
- Night teeth
- The trip
- Zoom: Academy for Superheroes
- Confessions of an Invisible Girl
- For Life
- Inside job
- My Name
- Another life
- Locke and Key
Health Ministry advice:
- People with severe COVID-19 are still dying at home, or are coming to a medical facility in the late stages of severe illness.
- Severe COVID-19 is a medical emergency, and a delay in receiving appropriate medical treatment reduces your chance of recovering from the disease. You are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 if you are over the age of 50 or have a non-communicable disease or chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, or if you are obese or pregnant.
- If you are at high risk of severe disease and have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache, headache, loss of taste/smell – please come to your nearest screening clinic to be checked and tested by our medical teams.
- The severe symptoms of COVID-19, include the following: – Difficulty breathing; – Persistent pain or pressure in the chest; – Severe headache for a few days; – New confusion, inability to wake or stay awake; – Pale, gray, or blue-coloured skin, lips or nail beds.